Murray State routs Morehead State 86-56
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Danero Thomas scored 18 points and Murray State won its seventh straight game by routing Morehead State 86-56 on Saturday night.
Thomas needed 14 points to become the 35th Racers player to surpass 1,000 career points. B.J. Jenkins added 17 points and seven assists for Murray State.
The Racers (7-1, 2-0 Ohio Valley Conference) have not lost since dropping the season opener at California 75-70 and the win was their 1,400th in 85 seasons.
Murray State and Morehead State (2-4, 1-1), picked as preseason co-favorites to win the Ohio Valley title, stayed close until the Racers broke the game open at 21-21 with 6:52 left in the first half. Murray State then went on an 18-2 run and led 43-28 at halftime.
Thomas scored eight points in the first 4:40 of the second half.
Demonte Harper led Morehead State with 15 points. Kenneth Faried added 14 points and 14 rebounds.
- USC’s Kevin O’Neill hypes DeWayne Dedmon as future star
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network