Coastal Carolina knocks off Liberty 73-58
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP)—Joseph Harris and Mario Edwards each had double-doubles to lead Coastal Carolina to a 73-58 victory over Liberty on Saturday night.
Harris had 16 points and 12 rebounds for his seventh double-double in nine games and Edwards scored 16 points with 10 rebounds as the Chanticleers (7-2, 2-0 Big South Conference) extended their winning streak to three games. Coastal Carolina, which is 2-0 in the Big South for the first time since 2006-07, is off to its best start since 1981-82.
Coastal Carolina led by as many as 14 points in the first half and increased its advantage to 41-25 on Edwards’ layup with 19:12 left in the game. Harris hit a jumper 29 seconds later for a 43-25 lead.
Chad Gray, who finished with 16 points, scored six straight points to give Liberty a 54-30 lead with 13:21 left.
Kyle Ohman led Liberty (4-5, 1-1) with 17 points and Jesse Sanders added 12 points.
- Martin’s contract protects him if NCAA punishes Tennessee
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win