Drexel edges Northeastern 49-47
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Samme Givens scored a season-high 16 points as Drexel held off Northeastern 49-47 on Saturday in the Colonial Athletic Association opener for both teams.
The Huskies missed two shots on the game’s final possession, including an attempt at the buzzer.
After Drexel (4-5) scored six points in the final 1:32 of the first half to tie the game at 25, Jamie Harris made two baskets to give the Dragons the lead for good at 29-27 with 16:06 left.
Northeastern (2-4) pulled within 41-40 on a Baptiste Bataille jumper with 4:42 left, but could get no closer.
Evan Neisler hit two free throws to give Drexel a 49-45 edge with a minute left, then Matt Janning hit two foul shots for 49-47 with 49 seconds left. After a Harris turnover, Nkem Ojougboh missed a 15-footer with 5 seconds left and Janning missed a shot as time expired.
Janning finished with 17 points for the Huskies.
- ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews signs deal with Reebok
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case