Stephenson lifts N.C.-Asheville past Gardner-Webb
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Chris Stephenson’s two-handed putback off the glass with 1.6 seconds left gave N.C-Asheville a 58-56 victory over Gardner-Webb on Friday night in the Big South opener for both teams.
Stephenson scored all 13 of his points in the second half for Asheville (1-6). Sean Smith led the Bulldogs with 18 points.
Anton Silver scored 14 points, all in the second half, for Gardner-Webb (3-3).
- In war of words and on court, Memphis beats Vasquez, Maryland
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims