Evansville tops Alabama State 61-57
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP)—Colt Ryan had 17 points to lead Evansville past Alabama State 61-57 Friday night.
Ryan hit all eight of his free-throw shots. James Haarsma added 13 points, a game-high eight rebounds, two steals and a block for the Aces (4-2).
Tramayne Moorer had 13 points and two steals to lead Alabama State (1-5). Sekani Milligen added 10 points, including three 3-pointers. Tremaine Butler had nine points, five rebounds and four steals for the Hornets.
Alabama State came within four points of a win despite being outrebounded 42-23 and outshot 41 percent to 35 percent from the field. The Hornets forced 25 turnovers while committing 19.
- Evansville tops Alabama State 61-57
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament