E. Illinois defeats Tennessee State 83-81 in 3OT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Tyler Laser scored 15 points and hit big shots in the second and third overtimes to help Eastern Illinois to an 83-81 win over Tennesse State on Thursday night.
Laser hit a jumper with 5 seconds left in the second overtime as the Panthers (4-2, 1-0 Ohio Valley Conference) overcame a 67-58 deficit with just over 1:30 left.
In the final overtime, Eastern Illinois trailed 77-75 before going on an 8-2 run.
Jeremy Granger put the Panthers ahead 77-75 with 4:26 left, T.J. Marion hit a layup, Laser sank a free throw and Marion hit another layup for an 83-79 lead with 18 seconds left.
Edin Suljic scored 25 for Eastern Illinois, which played its second longest game since a 126-121, four overtime loss at Northern Iowa on Jan. 30, 1988.
Jeremiah Crutcher led the Tigers (1-7, 0-1) with 21 points and Robert Covington added 17.
- Flittner, Gardner-Webb crush ETSU 96-70
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown