Louisiana Tech beats Louisiana-Monroe 76-73
MONROE, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson hit a 3-pointer with 1 second left, lifting Louisiana Tech to a 76-73 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Wednesday night.
Gibson, who led the Bulldogs with 26 points, scored eight points in the final 2:23 to seal the win.
With the score tied at 68, Gibson hit one of two free throws and dropped in a layup to put the Bulldogs (6-1) up by three points with 1:44 left.
After Tommie Sykes sank two foul shots to pull the Warhawks (3-4) back within a point, Gibson hit two of his own to give Louisiana Tech a 73-70 lead with 32 seconds remaining. The Warhawks then came out of their final timeout and Dynile Forbes dished to Lawrence Gilbert for the game-tying 3 with 15 second to go.
But the Bulldogs held for the last shot on the ensuing possession, and David Jackson found Gibson for the game-deciding shot.
Tony Hooper had 23 points to lead Louisiana-Monroe.
- Louisiana Tech beats Louisiana-Monroe 76-73
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?