Houston Baptist defeats Fairleigh Dickinson, 92-77
HOUSTON (AP)—Andrew Gonzalez scored 30 points and Wendell Preadom added 22 as Houston Baptist won its first game of the season Wednesday night, defeating Fairleigh Dickinson 92-77.
Mario Flaherty scored 18 points, making all eight of his free-throw attempts, and Michael Moss scored 13 for the Huskies (1-6), who blistered Fairleigh Dickinson for 61 points in the second half.
Gonzalez was 10 of 16 from the floor for Houston Baptist, which shot 52.5 percent from the field.
Sean Baptiste scored a game-high 31 points for Fairleigh Dickinson (1-6). Baptiste made 11 of 18 shots, including 4-for-7 from 3-point range. Terence Grier scored 17 for the Knights, who led by as many as 11 points in the first half but just by 33-31 at the break.
- Iowa auctions chair from Fran McCaffery’s tirade
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan