Denver rallies past Lamar for 62-55 victory
DENVER (AP)—Denver got 20 points from Nate Rohnert and overcame an eight-point, second-half deficit Wednesday to defeat Lamar 62-55.
Rohnert also had five rebounds, five assists and four steals for the Pioneers (5-1).
Denver trailed 38-30 with 12:30 remaining in the game before going on a 16-7 run to take a 46-45 lead on a layup by Rohnert at the 7:11 mark. The Pioneers still led 56-52 with 1:18 left, then hit 6 of 8 free throws down the stretch to seal it.
Lamar (3-5) got 41 of its 55 points from three players: Anthony Miles had 20 points, Reggie Mathis 11 and Lawrence Nwevo 10.
Denver shot 50 percent from the field (21 for 42) despite making only 1 of 11 3-point attempts. The Pioneers also had 10 steals and forced 17 turnovers by the Cardinals.
- Even this year’s fan-friendly Duke team still inspires haters
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics