IPFW topples Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 69-64
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP)—Nick Daniels hit a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 33 seconds left to boost IPFW to a 69-64 victory over Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Tuesday night.
Daniels added two free throws with 12 seconds to go for the final margin for the Mastodons (2-3). He finished with 10 points.
Deilvez Yearby led IPFW with 21 points, Ben Botts added 11 and Antwone Snead grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds.
Mark Yelovich hit only 3 of 13 shots but converted all eight free throws to lead the Cougars (0-6) with 15 points. Aamir McCleary added 14 and David Boarden 11.
The Mastodons held a 43-29 rebounding advantage.
Yearby’s free throw and Trey McCorkle’s jumper gave IPFW a 64-62 lead with 1:23 to go, but Yelovich tied it with a jump shot 29 seconds later.
That set the stage for Daniels to finish it off.
- Rehashing the remarkable story of Hasheem Thabeet
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four