Texas State tops Texas A&M-International, 71-60
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Texas State past Texas A&M-International 71-60 Tuesday night.
John Bowman scored 13 for the Bobcats (2-3) and Uriel Segura had 11. Segura made three of his four attempts from 3-point range, and Texas State was 11-for-24 from behind the arc.
Texas State led 29-27 at halftime.
St. Paul Latham led Texas A&M-International with 13 points and Luis Gomez scored 10. The Dustdevils (2-5) are members of Division II.
Texas A&M-International only took 40 shots from the field, 16 fewer than Texas State, but the Dustdevils were 23-for-33 from the free-throw line. The Bobcats were 14-for-27 on foul shots.
- Texas State tops Texas A&M-International, 71-60
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?