Northern Colorado bests Colorado State 70-63
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures came off the bench to shoot perfectly from the line and from 3-point range on Tuesday night, scoring 18 points in Northern Colorado’s 70-63 win over Colorado State.
Figures hit all eight of his free throws and both 3-point tries. He went four-for-seven from the field as the Bears hung on to a 7-0 season for the first time since at least 1964.
The Bears began with an 11-2 scoring run in the first seven minutes and never gave the Rams (4-3) the lead.
Taylor Montgomery added another 16 points for Northern Colorado and Devon Beitzel had 12.
The Rams relied on Travis Franklin, who scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as well as Dorian Green and Andre McFarland, who added 13 and 10 respectively.
Colorado State did better on the boards 41-29, but could not overcome shooting just 35 percent from the field, including a 26 percent first half.
- Northern Colorado bests Colorado State 70-63
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0