Northern Colorado bests Colorado State 70-63
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures came off the bench to shoot perfectly from the line and from 3-point range on Tuesday night, scoring 18 points in Northern Colorado’s 70-63 win over Colorado State.
Figures hit all eight of his free throws and both 3-point tries. He went four-for-seven from the field as the Bears hung on to a 7-0 season for the first time since at least 1964.
The Bears began with an 11-2 scoring run in the first seven minutes and never gave the Rams (4-3) the lead.
Taylor Montgomery added another 16 points for Northern Colorado and Devon Beitzel had 12.
The Rams relied on Travis Franklin, who scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as well as Dorian Green and Andre McFarland, who added 13 and 10 respectively.
Colorado State did better on the boards 41-29, but could not overcome shooting just 35 percent from the field, including a 26 percent first half.
- Guard Ryne Smith emerges as Purdue's third scoring threat
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst