Pacific defeats Fresno State, 70-58
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Demetrece Young had 18 points, Pat Eveland 17 and the two combined for 10 3-pointers as Pacific rolled to a 70-58 victory over Fresno State on Tuesday night.
Terrell Smith added 10 points and five assists for Pacific (5-1), which finished 10 for 26 from 3-point range.
Sylvester Seay had a game-high 23 points for Fresno State (2-4). Paul George added 15 points and nine rebounds.
Pacific closed the first half with a 13-3 run and never looked back. The Tigers shot 54.8 percent in the first half for a 44-32 halftime lead. Young scored 11 points in the half, going 3 for 4 from 3-point range.
George had 13 first-half points for Fresno State, which was playing its first game at Selland Arena in downtown Fresno since 2003.
- Pacific defeats Fresno State, 70-58
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game