Delaware State knocks off Delaware 75-67
DOVER, Del. (AP)—Frisco Sandidge scored 26 points to lead Delaware State to a 75-67 victory over Delaware on Tuesday night.
Sandidge was 12-for-16 from the free throw line as the Hornets (4-1) won the first meeting between the two programs since Nov. 20, 2000.
Delaware State led most of the second half, but couldn’t pull away from Delaware (1-5), which stayed close behind 18 points and 13 rebounds from Jamelle Hagins.
D.J. Boney hit a 3-pointer to cut Delaware State’s lead to 57-54 with 2:42 left, but Alibaba Odd hit two free throws and Sandidge added two more foul shots for a 61-54 advantage with 1:22 remaining.
Marcus Neal’s two free throws gave the Hornets a 70-60 lead with 20 seconds left.
Neal added 16 points and Odd finished with 15 points.
Jawan Carter, who entered the game averaging 21 points, finished with 12 points for Delaware, which had 20 turnovers.
- Vitale seemed rather tempered for last night's announcer swap
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics