Lipscomb tops Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 67-64
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic had 23 points and 11 rebounds and Lipscomb rallied in the second half Saturday for its first victory of the season with a 67-64 decision over Southern Illinois-Edwardsville.
Josh Slater scored 16 points, all in the second half, and Brandon Brown had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Bisons (1-4).
Mark Yelovich had game-high totals of 26 points and 13 rebounds for Southern Illinois-Edwardsville (0-5).
The Cougars led by six at halftime and by 10 early in second half. But Hodzic sank a jumper at 14:09 to push the Bisons ahead 46-45, and they never trailed after that.
SIU-Edwardsville went 7:07 without scoring in the second half but pulled within 64-63 with 23 seconds left on Yelovich’s jumper. But Lipscomb hit four free throws in the final seconds.
Stephen Jones scored 12 for the Cougars, and LeShaun Murphy had 10.
- Lipscomb tops Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 67-64
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four