Northeastern beats Wright State 70-67
BOSTON (AP)—Chaisson Allen threw in a halfcourt shot at the buzzer and Northeastern beat Wright State 70-67 on Saturday.
Allen, who had a game-high 21 points with eight rebounds and six assists, grabbed a rebound with 4 seconds to play and dribbled to midcourt before releasing the game-winning shot.
Close calls are nothing new for the Huskies (2-2) as the widest margin in a game this season has been six points. All four games have been decided by a total of 15 points.
Matt Janning scored 15 and Manny Adako added 11 for the Huskies.
The Huskies led 66-60 with 1:16 left but the Raiders tied the game on 3-pointers by Troy Tabler and Vaughn Duggins. A free throw by Duggins gave the Raiders a 67-66 lead, then a free throw by Allen tied the game 67-67 with 39 seconds remaining.
Todd Brown led the Raiders (3-2) with 17 points and Duggins added 16.
- Inflammatory anti-Kansas State T-shirt yanked off shelves
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64