New Hampshire beats Marist 72-58
DURHAM, N.H. (AP)—Dane Diliegro scored a career-high 27 points to lead New Hampshire in a 72-58 win over Marist on Saturday.
Alvin Abreu scored 15 points and Radar Onguetou added 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Wildcats (2-2).
Diliegro finished 11-for-19 from the field and 5-for-5 from the foul line for New Hampshire, who shot 42.6 percent (26-for-61) for the game. The Red Foxes shot just 36.2 percent from the floor (21-for-58).
The Wildcats led by 19 points at halftime and won despite being outscored 38-33 by Marist (0-3) in the second half.
New Hampshire outrebounded the Red Foxes 37-29 and capitalized on 17 turnovers en route to victory.
Dejuan Goodwin and Candon Rusin scored 11 points apiece to pace Marist. Sam Prescott added 10 points, going 2-for-2 from beyond the arc.
New Hampshire leads the all-time series 2-1.
- New Hampshire beats Marist 72-58
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four