Miami stays unbeaten in 70-41 rout over SC-Upstate
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Dwayne Collins scored 17 points as Miami remained unbeaten in a 70-41 rout over South Carolina-Upstate on Saturday.
Miami outscored the Spartans 20-4 and broke the game open during a 7:51 span midway through the first half. Collins scored six points during the spurt and Julian Gamble’s field goal with 6:45 remaining capped the run for a 25-11 Hurricanes’ lead.
Cyrus McGowan’s jumper with 3:13 left in the half gave the Hurricanes their first 20-point lead at 33-13.
Reggie Johnson finished with 13 points for the Hurricanes (7-0).
Nick Schneiders led the Spartans (0-5) with 11 points.
Mezie Uzochukwu’s reverse layup 1:19 into the second half put South Carolina-Upstate within 14 points. But Collins responded with seven straight points in the next 2:33 to give Miami a 45-24 lead.
- Miami stays unbeaten in 70-41 rout over SC-Upstate
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown