Gibler, Loyola of Chicago rout St. Ambrose 81-42
CHICAGO (AP)—Walt Gibler’s 14 points and nine rebounds led Loyola of Chicago to an 81-42 victory over St. Ambrose on Saturday.
Gibler’s point total was a game high, and his rebound statistic tied teammate Andy Polka. The Ramblers (4-1) also got 13 points from Terrance Hill and 11 apiece from Marcus Thomas and Geoff McCammon.
Mike Kennedy led St. Ambrose (4-3) with 11 points, and Chris Donnelly had 10.
St. Ambrose, an NAIA school from Davenport, Iowa, held its last lead at 12-11 with a little more than 7 minutes gone. Loyola led 35-18 at intermission and by as many as 41 points late in the game.
Loyola, which won its fourth in a row, opens Horizon League competition Thursday at Green Bay.
- Jimmy Kimmel tweets coveted recruit ‘UNLV needs you’
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game