Washington State beats Nicholls State 78-69
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP)—Washington State advanced to the finals of the Great Alaska Shootout with a 78-69 win over Nicholls State on Friday.
Klay Thompson paced the Cougars (5-0) with 21 points. DeAngelo Casto had 18 points and 14 rebounds for Washington State, which trailed 31-29 at the break. Reggie Moore added 14 points and Marcus Capers had 10 for the Cougers.
Fred Hunter scored 25 to lead Nicholls State (0-7), which will play No. 25 Oklahoma for fifth place on Saturday.
Anatoly Bose scored 10 of his 16 points in the first half for the Colonels, and Maurice Foster finished with 11 points.
Washington State will play in Saturday’s final against San Diego (4-1), a 72-65 winner over Houston (2-2) in Friday’s late game.
The tournament is sponsored by Carrs/Safeway.
- Washington State beats Nicholls State 78-69
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout