Furman 72, N.C.-Asheville 66
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Jordan Miller scored 20 points to lead Furman to a 72-66 over North Carolina-Asheville on Friday night.
Miller shot 6-for-11 and added eight rebounds for the Paladins (4-1). Bryson Barnes chipped in with 17 points.
The game was tied at 46 with 5:59 remaining in the second half when Furman broke out on an 11-0 run. A layup by Miller with 3:01 left made the score 57-46 for the Paladins’ largest lead of the game. A 3-pointer from UNC-Asheville’s J.P. Primm with 25 seconds left cut the score to 67-63, but the Bulldogs would get no closer.
UNC-Asheville (0-5) was led by Primm, who scored 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Chris Stephenson added 16 points.
Furman shot 40 percent from the field (20-for-50), including 43.8 percent from 3-point range (7-for-16).
The Paladins got to the free throw line 31 times as a team, while the Bulldogs shot only 12 free throws.
- USC fears the worst regarding guard Jio Fontan’s knee injury
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69