New Mexico’s Hobson scores 21 in win over Hawaii
HONOLULU (AP)—Darington Hobson scored 21 points, and New Mexico remained undefeated by beating Hawaii 83-71 on Friday night.
New Mexico (6-0) went on a 19-1 run to take a 17-point lead after trailing by one point at the start of the second half.
Hawaii (2-3) was led by Jeremy Lay, who scored 26 points with three steals.
The Lobos ran away with the game following seven lead changes in the first half.
Hobson added 10 rebounds and five assists, while Roman Martinez scored 19, including four 3-pointers.
Hawaii’s usual leading scorer Roderick Flemings was held to just four points. Petras Balocka had 16 rebounds.
The Rainbow Warriors faltered on the boards, grabbing 35 rebounds compared to the Lobos’ 43.
New Mexico took advantage of second-chance opportunities, outscoring Hawaii in that category 27-11.
- LSU unveils a 900-pound bronze statue in Shaq’s honor
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team