Rhode Island defeats Stony Brook 75-58
KINGSTON, R.I. (AP)—Lamonte Ulmer scored 16 points to lead four Rhode Island players in double figures in a 75-58 win over Stony Brook on Tuesday night.
Keith Cothran added 15 and Akeem Richmond and Will Martell chipped in 10 points each for the Rams (3-0).
Rhode Island jumped out to a 10-0 lead on a layup by Cothran with 16:31. The Rams scored four of those points off of Stony Brook turnovers.
The Rams forced 21 turnovers in the game for their 16th straight non-conference win.
Rhode Island, which led 32-17 at halftime, held a team to its lowest first-half points since Boston University scored just 14 on Nov. 29, 2005.
The Seawolves (3-1) shot 25 percent in the first half (6 of 24) and had 12 turnovers.
Marcus Rouse scored 16 points and Tommy Brenton had 10 for Stony Brook. Muhammad El-Amin, who averaged 17 points for the Seawolves, finished with nine.
- Rhode Island defeats Stony Brook 75-58
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark