Gurley leads UMass past St. Francis 83-65
AMHERST, Mass. (AP)—Anthony Gurley scored 18 points and four other Massachusetts players scored in double figures to beat St. Francis (N.Y.) 83-65 on Tuesday night.
Terrell Vinson and Sampson Carter each scored 13 points, Freddie Riley had 12 and Ricky Harris added 10 for the Minutemen (2-2).
UMass used a 9-0 run to jump out to a 20-8 lead with 12:02 minutes left in the first half. The Minutemen shot 47.4 percent from beyond the arc (9-for-19) and 49.1 percent from the floor (28-for-57).
The Terriers (0-4) shot 45.1 percent (23-for-51) from the field.
No UMass player had more than six rebounds, but the Minutemen were able to outrebound St. Francis 35-26. The Minutemen also had an 18-11 advantage in free throws made.
Ricky Cadell led the Terriers with 17 points, while Stefan Perunicic and Alexander Harrington had 12 each.
- Gurley leads UMass past St. Francis 83-65
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0