Quinnipiac defeats Maine 59-46
ORONO, Maine (AP)—James Johnson scored 16 points and Quinnipiac defeated Maine 59-46 on Tuesday night.
Johnson, who was 4-for-6 from 3-point range, hit two 3s as the Bobcats (3-1) pulled away in the second half.
After Quinnipiac led 31-25 at halftime, the Black Bears (2-3) closed the deficit to 33-32 on a layup by Junior Bernal with 16:42 left.
Johnson then hit two long-range shots to highlight an 8-1 run. Jeremy Baker capped the run with a layup with 12:31 remaining.
Quinnipiac led 20-8 in the first half on a free throw by Baker with 11:38.
Justin Rutty added 14 for the Bearcats and Baker finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Maine was led by Troy Barnies with 11 points and Sean McNally with 10 rebounds and nine points. McNally came just one point shy of his third double-double of the season.
- Quinnipiac defeats Maine 59-46
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four