Wisseh leads Long Island U past St. Peters 77-71
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (AP)—Jaytornah Wisseh scored 28 points and Long Island held off St. Peters 77-71 on Tuesday night.
Wisseh shot 9-for-12 from the floor and 9-for-9 from the free-throw line for the Blackbirds (2-2). Kyle Johnson and Michael Culpo each finished with 11 points, while Jamal Olasewere added 10.
St. Peters’ Brandon Hall hit a jumper with 6:31 left in the second half to tie the game at 58-58. Long Island reclaimed the lead after scoring six straight points, highlighted by Kenny Onyechi’s three-point play.
The Peacocks (1-3) cut the score to 72-69 with 15 seconds remaining after a three-point play by Jeron Berlin, who led St. Peters with 22 points. But Wisseh made four free throws and got a steal down the stretch to secure the win for Long Island.
Ryan Bacon scored 15 points for the Peacocks. Nick Leon had 13 points and Wesley Jenkins added 11.
- Today in slightly sad news: Kenny George likely out for the year
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne