Wichita St. beats Iowa 74-57 behind 18 from Stutz
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Wichita State cruised to a 74-57 victory over Iowa on Tuesday in the consolation game of the CBE Classic behind 18 points from sophomore Garrett Stutz.
The 7-foot Stutz scored 16 points in the first half on 7-of-8 shooting from the field. He scored 10 straight points during one stretch, hit his first two 3-pointers and made a steal during a 13-2 run that put Wichita State (2-2) in control.
Toure’ Murry also scored 18 for the Shockers.
Iowa (1-4) never got closer than 7 points in the second half. The Hawkeyes got 18 points from Cully Payne.
- Wichita St. beats Iowa 74-57 behind 18 from Stutz
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook