Eastern Illinois dumps Chicago State 82-68
CHICAGO (AP)—Jeremy Granger scored a career-high 24 points and Eastern Illinois improved to 3-1 for the first time in 11 years by whipping Chicago State 82-68 Tuesday night.
Granger, a Chicago native, was 7 of 12 from the floor and a perfect 9 of 9 from the foul line. Tyler Laser added 17 and Shaun Pratl 12 for the Panthers.
Eastern Illinois outshot Chicago State 54 percent to 33 percent, but the Cougars (3-2) got part of that back by going 27 of 38 from the free-throw line.
Carl Montgomery led Chicago State with 21 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. Antonio Lofton chipped in with 13 points.
The Panthers led 47-28 at halftime.
The loss was Chicago State’s first at home after three victories.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 7, Billy Owens
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims