Canisius beats Buffalo 73-71
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Frank Turner connected on a jumper in the game’s final second to push Canisius to a 73-71 win over Buffalo on Tuesday night, snapping a five-game losing streak in the series.
Canisius (2-1) went on a 7-0 run in the final 2 minutes to seal the come back. Turner hit a pair of free throws and the winning jumper to bookend the run, which also included a 3 from Greg Logins.
Buffalo’s Rodney Pierce, who hit a pair of shots from beyond the arc earlier, couldn’t get his 3-pointer at the buzzer to fall.
Buffalo (2-2) led by 10 points at halftime, but were outscored 41-29 by the Golden Griffins in the second half.
Julius Coles paced Canisius with 26 points. Turner, who came into the game averaging a team-leading 22 points per game, added 17 points and 10 rebounds. Logins’ seven rebounds propelled him past 400 for his career.
Max Boudreau led Buffalo with 15 points.
- Canisius beats Buffalo 73-71
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four