James Madison beats North Carolina Central 79-66
MIAMI (AP)—Darren White led four players in double figures with 20 points and James Madison beat North Carolina Central 79-66 in the 2K Sports Classic on Monday.
White made 7 of 14 field goals as the Dukes (2-2) shot 54.7 percent from the field (29-for-53). He also had nine rebounds.
Pierre Curtis had 16 points, Dazzmond Thornton added 14 off the bench and Julius Wells had 13 for the Dukes, who won their second straight game.
The Dukes led 45-29 at halftime and built their largest lead at 52-31 on a layup by Trevon Flores with 17:04 remaining.
C.J. Wilkerson led all scorers with 21 points for the Eagles (2-4), who lost for the second time in a row. Wilkerson made only 4 of 13 field goals but converted 11 of 12 free throws. Nick Chasten added 12 points for the Eagles. The Eagles shot 37.7 percent from the field (23-for-61).
- James Madison beats North Carolina Central 79-66
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0