Gonzaga comes from behind to beat Colorado 76-72
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Steven Gray scored 27 points and Matt Bouldin added 21 in helping Gonzaga overcome a sluggish first half on its way to a 76-72 win over Colorado in the opening round of the Maui Invitational on Monday at the Lahaina Civic Center.
Robert Sacre netted 10 points for the Bulldogs, who found themselves trailing by 11 at halftime before using a 22-9 run to take their first lead of the second half with 4:35 to play.
Colorado (3-1) crept within one with a minute to go, but couldn’t tie it as Gonzaga (3-1) advanced into Tuesday’s semifinal.
Cory Higgins scored 19 points and Alec Burks had 11 for the Buffaloes, who hit 7 of 11 3-pointers in the first half before going 0-for-4 in the second half.
- Missouri-bound Phil Pressey unloads on his future teammate
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Short-handed Boilermakers crush Cleveland State, 77-53
- Bullock has 26 and 10 to lead Providence past UMass 75-69
- Kansas forward Bragg charged with misdemeanor battery
- South Carolina rolls on without leading scorer, rebounder