Eastern Kentucky routs Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Josh Daniel scored 14 points off the bench and Eastern Kentucky routed Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39 in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Classic on Monday night.
Daniel, who shot 3-for-5 from 3-point range, also had five rebounds and two steals in 19 minutes. Josh Taylor added 13 points and five assists for the Colonels (2-1).
The Colonels led 40-19 at halftime and built a 35-point lead with 5:33 remaining. Nine players scored for the Colonels, who shot 45.2 percent from 3-point range (14-for-31).
The Knights (1-3) committed 18 turnovers which led to 20 points for Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels’ defense had 12 steals.
Alvin Mofunanya, coming off a career-best 22 points in a win over Central Michigan on Saturday, led the Knights with 14 points and seven rebounds.
the Knights shot only 32.6 from the field (15-for-46).
- Rough start can't shake Oliver Purnell's faith in DePaul's future
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes