Eastern Kentucky routs Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Josh Daniel scored 14 points off the bench and Eastern Kentucky routed Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39 in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Classic on Monday night.
Daniel, who shot 3-for-5 from 3-point range, also had five rebounds and two steals in 19 minutes. Josh Taylor added 13 points and five assists for the Colonels (2-1).
The Colonels led 40-19 at halftime and built a 35-point lead with 5:33 remaining. Nine players scored for the Colonels, who shot 45.2 percent from 3-point range (14-for-31).
The Knights (1-3) committed 18 turnovers which led to 20 points for Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels’ defense had 12 steals.
Alvin Mofunanya, coming off a career-best 22 points in a win over Central Michigan on Saturday, led the Knights with 14 points and seven rebounds.
the Knights shot only 32.6 from the field (15-for-46).
- 7-foot-4 Sim Bhullar jilts Xavier in favor of New Mexico State
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment