Brown knocks off Maine 75-62
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Matt Mullery scored 24 points and Peter Sullivan added 20 points to lead Brown to a 75-62 victory over Maine on Sunday.
Mullery was 9-for-14 and Sullivan was 7-for-11 as the Bears (2-3) shot 47.2 percent (25-for-53) from the field and pulled away late in the second half.
Maine (2-2) took a 41-38 lead on Junior Bernal’s 3-pointer with 16:47 left in the game, but Sullivan hit a 3-pointer for a 44-43 advantage with 15:35 remaining.
Jean-Herbert Harris’ 3-pointer gave Maine a 54-48 advantage with 11:41 left, and Andrew McCarthy extended the margin to 62-52 on a layup with 6:14 remaining.
Steve Gruber made six consecutive free throws in the final minute to ice the victory.
McCarthy finished with 10 points and six rebounds.
Bernal had 18 points and nine rebounds and Sean McNally added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Maine.
- Why I don't care about the Roy Williams vs. Kansas storyline
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69