Lafayette 69, N.J. Tech 52
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—Jared Mintz scored 19 points and Lafayette held New Jersey Tech to just eight points over the last 9:54 for a 69-52 win on Saturday.
With the game tied at 34 at halftime, the Leopards (3-1) outscored the Highlanders 35-18 in the second half.
Lafayette opened the second half on a 14-4 run and led 48-38 with 14:23 left in the game on a layup by Marek Koltun.
New Jersey Tech (1-2) shot just 25 percent after halftime (7 of 28), including 0-for-7 from behind the 3-point arc.
Chris Flores cut the deficit to 50-44 with 9:54 left, but the Highlanders couldn’t get any closer.
The Leopards shot 54.9 percent in the game (28 of 51) and had eight steals.
Lafayette’s Jim Mower had 14 points and four assists.
Isaiah Wilkerson scored 11 points and had four assists and Sean McCarthy tallied 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Highlanders.
- Lafayette 69, N.J. Tech 52
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot