New Mexico tops Louisiana Tech 81-52
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP)—Junior-college transfer Darington Hobson scored a career-high 30 points Saturday to lead New Mexico to an 81-52 victory over Louisiana Tech in the Basketball Travelers World Vision Classic.
The Lobos (4-0) pulled away toward the end of the first half as Hobson scored the final seven points to give UNM a 33-28 lead at halftime. New Mexico opened the second half with a 7-2 run to push the lead into double figures.
Hobson added 10 rebounds for a double-double, while Phillip McDonald contributed 16 points and Nate Garth had 11 for the Lobos.
New Mexico played stingy defense, limiting the Bulldogs to 19-of-64 shooting from the field and 5 of 27 3-pointers. The Lobos also dominated on the board with a 49-33 rebound advantage as A.J. Hardeman pulled down a career-best 11 for UNM.
Jamel Guyton and Kyle Gibson each scored 11 points to lead Louisiana Tech (2-1).
- Video: Cole Aldrich leads KU teammates on half-court barrage
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82