Reed lifts Auburn past IUPUI 80-65
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP)—DeWayne Reed scored 16 of his 24 points during an eight minute stretch of the first half Saturday night as Auburn overcame a sluggish start to defeat IUPUI 80-65.
The Tigers (2-2), who fell behind UCF by 13 points on Friday night in the Glenn Wilkes Classic and never recovered, trailed the Jaguars by the same margin less than 10 minutes into the game. But led by Reed, their fortunes turned out much different this time.
Reed accounted for the last seven points of the opening half. The basket gave the Tigers a 41-35 halftime lead and resulted in the third personal foul against Jaguars star forward Robert Glenn.
The Jaguars, who once led 20-7, found themselves down 59-42 less than six minutes into the second half. Although Glenn and Jon Avery scored 21 and 16 points, respectively, the Jaguars never got within striking distance.
- The highs and lows of the NCAA tournament’s new TV coverage
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan