North Carolina A&T beats Davis & Elkins 67-53
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Thomas Coleman scored 12 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead North Carolina A&T to a 67-53 win over Davis & Elkins on Friday night.
Robert Johnson added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Aggies (2-2), while Nic Simpson chipped in with 10 points and six rebounds.
The Senators (1-1) were paced by Tim Turner, who finished with 22 points on 8 of 22 shooting. P.J. Turner contributed with eight points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.
N.C. A&T shot 34.8 percent from the field (23-for-66). The Senators shot 30.9 percent (17-for-55).
The Aggies shot only 18.8 percent from 3-point range (3-for-16), but outrebounded the Senators 59-33.
N.C. A&T outscored Davis & Elkins 36-27 in the second half.
- Where does aircraft carrier rank among unusual sports venues?
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul