Harvard has second-half spurt to beat Bryant 77-51
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP)—Jeremy Lin had 12 points, six assists, four rebounds and three blocks to lead Harvard to a 77-51 win over Bryant on Friday night.
The Crimson (3-0) started just 6-for-22 from the floor and held a 19-18 lead with 9:08 left in the first half.
Lin hit two straight 3-pointers to end the first half for Harvard with a 35-27 lead.
The Crimson opened the second half with an 18-4 run capped by a two free throws by Pat Magnarelli for a 52-32 advantage with 13:25 remaining.
Harvard shot 53.3 percent in the second half (16-for-30) and finished at 47.5 percent (28-for-59).
Bryant (0-4) shot 28.6 percent (8-for-28) in the second half, 33.9 percent (19-for-56) in the game.
Christian Webster added 12 points for the Crimson and Magnarelli had 11.
Bryant was led by Cecil Gresham with 11 points and eight rebounds.
Harvard outrebounded the Bulldogs 42-33.
- Harvard has second-half spurt to beat Bryant 77-51
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament