Florida International defeats NC Central 83-73
MIAMI (AP)—Marvin Roberts finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead Florida International to an 83-73 win over North Carolina Central on Friday night.
Phil Gary added 18 points and six assists for the Golden Panthers (2-3), while Antoine Watson contributed 14 points and six assists.
FIU used a 6-0 run late in the first half to break a 30-all tie, and went into halftime with a 36-30 lead after a jumper by Gary with 2 seconds remaining.
In the second half, a jumper by Marlon Bright capped a 10-2 run for the Golden Panthers that put them up 66-54 with 9:06 left in the game.
The Eagles (1-3) were led by Vincent Davis, who had 23 points and nine rebounds. C.J. Wilkerson added 21 points.
N.C. Central shot 39.7 percent from the field (25-for-63) and committed 17 team turnovers.
FIU shot 50 percent in the game (31-for-62).
- Duke’s Kyrie Irving says he’s undecided about turning pro
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game