Nevada defeats Montana State 75-61 in opener
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Luke Babbitt scored a game-high 26 points as Nevada cruised past Montana State 75-61 in the season opener for both teams Saturday night.
Armon Johnson added 16 points for the Wolf Pack.
Erik Rush scored 13 points to lead Montana State.
Johnson scored all of his points in the first half and Babbitt added 13 as Nevada built a 50-31 halftime lead. The Wolf Pack made 7-of-11 3-pointers in the opening half.
Cody Anderson and Bryan Louff each had 10 points for Montana State.
The Bobcats played with just eight players because two starters (Marquis Navarre and Will Bynum) are ineligible for the first three games of the season after participating in an unsanctioned basketball event this summer.
- No. 13 seed Ohio beats USF 62-56 in NCAA tourney
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69