Washington State beats MVSU 94-66
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP)—Klay Thompson scored 20 points as Washington State beat Mississippi Valley State 94-66 Friday in the season opener for both teams.
DeAngelo Casto added 18 points and nine rebounds as the Cougars defeated the Delta Devils for the third straight time.
Mississippi Valley State was led by Tashan Newsome, who scored 14 points. D’Angelo Jackson added 12 points and was 3 of 5 from behind the 3-point line.
Washington State out rebounded Mississippi Valley State 50-25 and shot 80 percent from the free-throw line.
- Russ Pennell gets his big break at ... Grand Canyon University?
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina