UTEP beats Oregon St. 70-63
EL PASO, Texas (AP)—Stefon Jackson scored 28 points, nine during a critical second-half run, and UTEP beat Oregon State 70-63 in the second game of the College Basketball Invitational Championship series on Wednesday night.
The Miners (23-13) trailed 44-40 with 10:55 to play when Jackson sparked a 14-2 run with a three-point play.
Randy Culpepper scored 17 points and gave the Miners a 46-44 lead on a 3-pointer.
Jackson scored the next six points to give his team the lead for good after an Oregon State basket.
Roeland Schaftenaar led the Beavers (17-18) with 17 points. Oregon State was down 56-55 with 4:52 remaining but UTEP fended them off by scoring the next seven points, including four from Jackson.
Game 3 is Friday in El Paso.
- UTEP beats Oregon St. 70-63
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game