UTEP beats Oregon St. 70-63
EL PASO, Texas (AP)—Stefon Jackson scored 28 points, nine during a critical second-half run, and UTEP beat Oregon State 70-63 in the second game of the College Basketball Invitational Championship series on Wednesday night.
The Miners (23-13) trailed 44-40 with 10:55 to play when Jackson sparked a 14-2 run with a three-point play.
Randy Culpepper scored 17 points and gave the Miners a 46-44 lead on a 3-pointer.
Jackson scored the next six points to give his team the lead for good after an Oregon State basket.
Roeland Schaftenaar led the Beavers (17-18) with 17 points. Oregon State was down 56-55 with 4:52 remaining but UTEP fended them off by scoring the next seven points, including four from Jackson.
Game 3 is Friday in El Paso.
- Colorado headlines list of biggest NCAA tournament snubs
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win