Davis leads Illinois past Michigan 60-50
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Mike Davis finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds, leading second-seeded Illinois past Michigan 60-50 in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals Friday.
Davis provided a steadying influence for the Fighting Illini (24-8), who were playing without starting guard Chester Frazier because of a hand injury.
Illinois faces either third-seeded Purdue or sixth-seeded Penn State in Saturday’s semifinals.
The Wolverines (20-13) were led by DeShawn Sims with 15 points. Michigan’s leading scorer Manny Harris finished with nine points.
- Davis leads Illinois past Michigan 60-50
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case