Tulsa routs Rice 73-51
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—Ray Reese scored 22 points and Tulsa got off to a quick start, defeating Rice 73-51 in the quarterfinals of the Conference USA tournament on Thursday.
Tulsa got out to a big lead early, scoring 21 unanswered points after leading 4-3 less than three minutes into the game. That allowed the Golden Hurricane to play its starters limited minutes the rest of the way.
Still, Reese connected on eight of his 15 shots, including 6-of-8 from beyond the arc for Tulsa (23-9). Ben Uzoh added 14 points and Justin Hurtt finished with 10 points for the second-seeded Golden Hurricane.
Connor Frizzelle scored 10 points for 10th-seeded Rice (10-22), which defeated Marshall 60-59 in Wednesday?s opening round. Rodney Foster, Rice?s leading scorer (12.1), was limited to eight points on 1-of-5 shooting from the field, and six points from the free-throw line.
- Tulsa routs Rice 73-51
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game