Pacific beats UC Davis 67-60 in Big West action
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Bryan LeDuc scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half to lead Pacific to a 67-60 victory over UC Davis in the Big West Conference tournament quarterfinals Thursday night.
Sam Willard had 12 points and eight rebounds for the third-seeded Tigers (18-11), who have won four consecutive games and six of eight.
Dominic Calegari scored 17 points for the eighth-seeded Aggies (13-19). Joe Harden added 10 points and eight rebounds, and Mark Payne had six rebounds and five assists.
LeDuc scored nine points during an 11-3 surge that gave Pacific a 59-51 lead. Calegari scored the next four points to narrow Davis’ deficit to 59-55 with 1:11 left but the Tigers made all six of their free throws in the final 36 seconds.
Pacific will face second-seeded Long Beach State in Friday night’s semifinals.
- Pacific beats UC Davis 67-60 in Big West action
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four