Pacific beats UC Davis 67-60 in Big West action
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Bryan LeDuc scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half to lead Pacific to a 67-60 victory over UC Davis in the Big West Conference tournament quarterfinals Thursday night.
Sam Willard had 12 points and eight rebounds for the third-seeded Tigers (18-11), who have won four consecutive games and six of eight.
Dominic Calegari scored 17 points for the eighth-seeded Aggies (13-19). Joe Harden added 10 points and eight rebounds, and Mark Payne had six rebounds and five assists.
LeDuc scored nine points during an 11-3 surge that gave Pacific a 59-51 lead. Calegari scored the next four points to narrow Davis’ deficit to 59-55 with 1:11 left but the Tigers made all six of their free throws in the final 36 seconds.
Pacific will face second-seeded Long Beach State in Friday night’s semifinals.
- Nerlens Noel’s haircut is starting to catch on among his teammates
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims