UAB defeats Southern Mississippi in OT
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—Paul Delaney III scored on a layup with less than a second left to lead Alabama-Birmingham to a 74-73 overtime victory over Southern Mississippi in the quarterfinals of the Conference USA Tournament on Thursday.
Delaney, who scored 21 points, sent the game into overtime on a 3-pointer with 4.7 seconds left in regulation, tying the game at 64.
Robert Vaden scored 20 points for the third-seeded Blazers (22-10), Aaron Johnson added 11 and Howard Crawford chipped in with 10 points.
Jeremy Wise led the 11th-seeded Golden Eagles (15-17) with 28 points on 10-of-15 shooting. Courtney Beasley added 26 points and 10 rebounds and Craig Craft tallied 15 points.
The overtime period featured two ties and seven lead changes, the last coming on Delaney’s drive.
The Blazers will face Tulsa in the semifinals on Friday.
- UAB defeats Southern Mississippi in OT
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look