Morgan St. crushes Florida A&M 71-41
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP)—Reggie Holmes scored 18 points and top-seeded Morgan State beat Florida A&M 71-41 victory on Wednesday night in the quarterfinals of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
Seeking their first MEAC championship since 1977, the Bears (21-11) advanced to Friday’s semifinals, where they will face the winner of Thursday’s Coppin State-North Carolina A&T quarterfinal.
Holmes made 7 of 17 from the field and recorded nine rebounds. Jermaine Bolden scored 12 points and dished out six assists, while Marquise Kately added 10 points for the Bears.
The Rattlers (10-21), who went 11-for-16 from 3-point range in their first-round victory over Howard, shot just 25 percent from the floor in the game. Lamar Twitty finished with eight points to lead the Rattlers.
The Bears led by 14 points at halftime and outscored the Rattlers 37-21 in the second.
- Tyreke Evans to Memphis because he doesn't want to be shot?
- No. 5 UCLA dominates offensive boards to edge No. 4 Arizona
- Brown leads Miami past No. 10 Duke, 55-50
- Paschall, Jenkins lead No. 2 Villanova past No. 23 Creighton
- Wagner leads Michigan over No. 14 Purdue 82-70
- Kansas clinches 13th straight Big 12 title outright