Central Mich. rallies to edge Western Mich. 71-68
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Robbie Harman put Central Michigan ahead to stay with his fourth 3-pointer of the game with 1:53 to go, and the Chippewas defeated Western Michigan 71-68 Sunday.
Central, Western and Ball State share the Mid-American Conference West Division title despite sub-.500 records (7-9) in league play.
The Broncos (10-20 overall) led by as many as 14 points, 46-32, on Martelle McLemore’s jumper with 12:14 remaining. The Chippewas (11-18) responded with a 26-13 run over the next 9 minutes to move within 59-58, and led the rest of the way after Harman’s trey.
Jordan Bitzer scored 19 points, Marcus Van had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Harman finished with 12 points for Central.
Western’s David Kool scored a game-high 21 points and Andre Ricks had 15.
- How Derrick Williams went from unheralded to All-American
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case