Central Mich. rallies to edge Western Mich. 71-68
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Robbie Harman put Central Michigan ahead to stay with his fourth 3-pointer of the game with 1:53 to go, and the Chippewas defeated Western Michigan 71-68 Sunday.
Central, Western and Ball State share the Mid-American Conference West Division title despite sub-.500 records (7-9) in league play.
The Broncos (10-20 overall) led by as many as 14 points, 46-32, on Martelle McLemore’s jumper with 12:14 remaining. The Chippewas (11-18) responded with a 26-13 run over the next 9 minutes to move within 59-58, and led the rest of the way after Harman’s trey.
Jordan Bitzer scored 19 points, Marcus Van had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Harman finished with 12 points for Central.
Western’s David Kool scored a game-high 21 points and Andre Ricks had 15.
- No. 3 Syracuse beats Cincinnati 60-53
- Gonzaga, Villanova, Kansas stay 1-2-3 in AP poll
- Tom Izzo challenged to help Michigan State keep NCAA streak
- North Carolina Central beats Howard for 12th straight win
- No. 24 Butler defense shuts down DePaul in 82-66 win
- Lammers too much for Orange, leads Georgia Tech to big win
- Syracuse-Cincinnati Preview
- Maryland reserve Cekovsky to miss rest of season with injury
- SEC features several teams sitting on NCAA Tournament bubble
- No. 11 Wisconsin beats No. 23 Maryland 71-60 in Big 10 tilt
- Foster's 35 points leads No. 20 Creighton in win over Hoyas
- Murphy, Minnesota outlast Michigan, 83-78